Monday, March 2, 2015

The March Meal Plan

I'm not sure about where you live, but here in New York, March certainly lived up to its reputation and came in like a lion... bringing 6 inches of snow. I just couldn't be more over it. I want spring, and I want it now.

In the meantime, as bad as I want some comfort food, I'm starting to make some meal plans to help me lose weight, feel great and be ready for sun dresses and shorts and the spring. These meals are filled with amazing nutrients to help you fuel your body (and your workouts!). And though they are healthy they certainly are NOT lacking in flavor. They are all too delicious. Like, dream about them afterwards delicious.

Hopefully you'll enjoy these meals as much as I do, and by the next time I share a meal plan, it's warm enough to take the meals outside for a picnic.

Breakfast:

  • Overnight Oats: Mix 2/3 cup rolled oats, 1 tbsp chia seeds and 2/3 cup coconut or almond milk. Top with fruit of choice.
  • Breakfast Wrap: Scramble eggs. Saute peppers, onions and black beans. Let everything cool, place in whole wheat wrap. You can make 5 of these and put them in the fridge or freezer and have them ready to go for the week.
Lunch:
  • Leftovers of dinner
  • Salads
    • BBQ Chicken Salad: Lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, cucumber, carrots, beans, corn, 3oz grilled chicken, tablespoon BBQ sauce. 
    • Asian Salad: Lettuce, carrots, avocado, edamame, apple, cucumber, ginger dressing
Dinner:

No comments:

Post a Comment