Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Crock Pot Tikka Masala

It's only Tuesday and this week is so crazy busy. I haven't even gone grocery shopping yet, hence a lack of blogging (unless you want pictures of me eating homemade almond butter out of the jar).

However I was at least able to get enough together on Sunday to make a simple crock pot recipe that I already had everything for. I just threw it all in the crock pot and let it sit for 6-7 hours on low while I did a million other things. I adapted it from this recipe from Half Baked Harvest.


You should probably also look at her photos because they are much nicer than mine. Mine are a little blurry. However, I dug out my camera manual this weekend, so hopefully as I update my blog it will come with improved photography skills. Seeing as this conversation happened as I took these photos, there is no where to go but up:

Sean: Look at you with your nice plating.
Me: Well I need to take photos for the blog. (aims camera and presses button. camera shuts down.) Oh, that's the off button....

So we have a ways to go but I'm getting there!  

Anyway, here is the recipe for this amazing dish. I served it with whole wheat naan that I made (eh) and leftover rice from the enchilada skillet.

Crock Pot Tikka Masala

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized chunks
  • 1-2 small red potatoes, cut into bite sized chunks
  • 1/2 onion, finely minced
  • 1 (14oz) can coconut milk (in a BPA free can!)
  • 1/2 cup greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup whole milk
  • 6 oz tomato paste
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
  • 2 tsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp curry paste
  • 1/2 tsp chili paste
  • 2 tbsp garam masala
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
Instructions:

In a large bowl, mix the coconut milk, yogurt and milk. When combined well, mix in tomato paste, ginger, garlic and all spices. Mix well.

Dice onion and put it on the bottom of the crock pot. Put the chicken and potato pieces on top of the onion. Pour the sauce over the top and turn crock pot on low for 6-7 hours.

I stirred mine once or twice throughout the process but it's fine if you don't. Additionally, you could also add chick peas toward the end (about 20 minutes before it's done) if you wanted.

Serve with rice, naan, veggie of your choice or eat it right out of a bowl. 

 


2 comments:

  1. I'm making this tomorrow. Cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it! This has been one of my most favorite crock pot and Indian recipes yet. It was soooo delish!

      Delete