Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Soba Noodle & Veggie Stir Fry


I got a new toy and I'm obsessed. It's a vegetable spiralizer and it turns zucchini into noodles!


I've seen these before and I was skeptical. I mean, noodles are awesome. Who doesn't love a big bowl of spaghetti? But this baby works like a dream. It gets the noodles really thin, which I think is what helps in making the texture so similar.

Look at it go!
However, I didn't really want to use it in a sub for pasta with red sauce. I just wasn't feeling it. I did a quick kitchen inventory and found soba noodles I purchased but never used. I was in business!


This stir fry is filled with veggies and a simple but flavorful dressing. It's easy to throw together, healthier than take out, and easily customizable with whatever veggies are in the fridge. Feel free to add peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, or whatever else you choose!



Soba Noodle & Veggie Stir Fry Ingredients:

  • 4oz soba noodles, cooked to package instructions
  • 1 zucchini, spiralized
  • 2 carrots, julienned (I used a peeler to do it)
  • 1/2 cup edamame

Dressing Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger


Instructions:
  • Cook soba noodles and edamame according to their packages. Drain and set aside.
  • Use spiralizer for zucchini and cut carrots. Chop any other vegetables you want to add in.
  • Put all vegetables (except edamame) into a wok or big frying pan. Pour in half of dressing (make sure to get the bits of ginger at the bottom) and stir, letting vegetables heat through to preferred doneness. I like mine still a little crunchy, so I only cooked 4-5 minutes. 
  • Add soba noodles, edamame and mix with vegetables. Add any more dressing you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment