Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Food Babe Way

It's here! Today is the day we're changing the world and food industry. "The Food Babe Way" by Vani Hari (a.k.a. Food Babe) is released today!

I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy that I was asked to review here on my blog. I received no financial compensation for this, and all my opinions are strictly my own. Also, when I tell you how big I geeked out when I was selected for an advanced copy, you cannot even imagine.




As many of you know, Food Babe and Lisa Leakes from 100daysofrealfood.com are the two people who really inspired me to change my eating and my life. I've lost 30 pounds, cured all my digestive issues and can now eat a huge range of foods I had never dreamed of before. This book has inspired me to go further.

There are so many amazing things about this book. It was a real eye opener to the horrors and disgusting practices of the food industry. We are being treated as a human science project against our will. Did you know there are more than 10,000 chemicals that have been added to our foods without the FDA reviewing them?? GROSS! I, for one, do not want to be someones lab rat.

What I love most about the book is that Vani doesn't just leave you on your own. You don't hear the horror stories and that's it, good luck to ya. The book comes with:
  • A 21 step plan, called "21 Days of Good Food and Good Habits" which gives you a new great thing to do each day.
  • A 21 day meal plan to help you navigate food stores, each meal, snacks and desserts.
  • More than 45 pages of recipes for shakes, breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
  • Multiple appendix with other cook books, GMO guides, resources to find the best food in your area, blogs, and a bibliography of the research and experts she cited to read for yourself.
When I tell you this book will change your life I am not exaggerating! I am excited to try more Food Babe recipes, increase my knowledge and better myself. I will be following her plan and "rebooting" my system for maximum health. I'll be blogging more about this and sharing some recipes too!

If there is one thing I would critique about the book, I would say I would have liked more details on Vani's anecdotes with her advocacy work and going up against Big Ag. In the beginning of the books she shares stories about her going up against Kraft, Subway, Chick-fil-A and more. What she shared was great, but I was so interested I wanted every single detail. Many of this can be found on her website, www.FoodBabe.com. 

All in all, I can't say enough great things about this book and encourage you to buy it today! It can be purchased on Amazon.com, FoodBabe.com or anywhere books are sold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment