Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Blueberry Lemon Sunshine Muffins

This is my 100th post! I'm so excited! And there's no better way to celebrate than with breakfast food. (In my opinion, there's always a reason for breakfast food).

These muffins make me feel like I'm eating sunshine, which why I've added Sunshine into the name of them. They're impossible to not love.




The recipe is from the Food Babe's new book, The Food Babe Way. It was super easy to make, however I think I didn't use enough baking soda because they didn't puff up as much. I also made 8 tiny muffins, but making 4-6 would probably better if you want bigger servings.


Ingredients
  • 1 cup almond flour (I used Bob's Mill)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons hempseed (I used Nutrivia)
  • Juice and zest of half a lemon
  • 1/2 cup blueberries

Making Muffins:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place all ingredients except blueberries in a bowl and mix well until batter is combined and smooth.
  3. Fold in the blueberries.
  4. Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or line the pan with paper cups
  5. Divide batter evenly among muffins.
  6. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow muffins to cook 5-10 minutes before eating.


A note about hempseed: Hempseeds are a superfood! You can find them in any health food store, and they may be in some main stream super markets. These little seeds, similar to chia seeds, are filled with mega nutrients, like omega-6, omega-3, amino acids and protein. They have a nutty flavor and are great in muffins, as well as shakes, smoothies, on top of yogurt or just plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment