Monday, February 9, 2015

6, 7, 8, 9

Ah! Totally slacked on the February post challenge. We spent the weekend in glorious, beautiful Charleston with Sean's family. It was sunny and between 60 and 70 and I was loving every minute of it. In fact, I'm still here and this is my view:



Spending every minute outside with my loved ones was a much better option than blogging, so now I'm going to do the combo post with a note about the trip for each day!





6: Simplicity
Is there a better word for Charleston, SC? This city feeds my soul. It's like when I come down here, everything is much clearer to me. I don't know if it's the sunshine or the southern hospitality, but my irrational worries seem to fade away, and my rational worries seem much easier to work out.



7: Family
A great word for this trip. We got to see all of Sean's family, our amazing nephews, and have brunch with my cousin Johnny. It was so great to spend time with everyone, just relaxing, eating, laughing and hanging out. We went downtown and took the boys to the park - just good old fashioned quality time.







Brunchin' on IOP


8: Morning
It's kind of like this challenge is playing right into my life. Sunday morning was a big deal for me. One of my long time goals since starting my fitness journey has been to run the Cooper River Bridge (aka Arthur Ravanel Bridge) and on Sunday morning I DID IT! The views were spectacular and I felt amazing, even though I had to take a walking break at one point during a really steep part. I can't wait to do it again!

Bridge, here we come!

The view from the top.





9: Friend
Today is friend. I don't even know what to say for this one because I have been lucky enough to have been blessed with amazing friends throughout my life. I know wholeheartedly that there are people in my life who just have my back. I can't express my gratitude for them enough.

Tomorrow I'll be back home and back on the schedule - I'm feeling great and rejuvenated and ready for great things! I have tons of exciting stuff coming up this week to share with you - I hope you're ready because it's going to be AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment