Friday, August 23, 2013

Summer Friday!

So it's that time of year again... Labor Day is just a week away, kids are going back to school, summer's winding down. Except I feel like summer just started...

Not only did Chicago just get the memo that summer is supposed to be warm - temps are finally rising to the high 80's! - we spent most of the summer traveling. I traveled eight out of ten weekends. That left one weekend to enjoy Chicago when Colleen came to visit, and one to do my laundry. And now here we are, facing the end of summer.... but I'm not ready!

It's supposed to be gorgeous this weekend, and I can't wait. I'm fidgeting in my office chair like a little kid on the last day of school. I just want to break free! Let me into the sunshine! (But only with SPF 50. At least.)

Tomorrow we're going to go to brunch and then do a walking tour/scavenger hunt that I bought from Groupon. It's called Stray Boots (though I keep calling it Shady Boots like I'm NeNe) and it's a tour via an app on your iPhone. I'm super excited to give it a try, and if nothing else at least we'll get a nice long walk around Chicago. I plan on soaking up every last minute of summer that I can get... and I've only got 4 hours and 45 minutes until I can start :)



No comments:

Post a Comment