Monday, August 12, 2013

Feeling Inspired

It was a long weekend. We drove Thursday night and all day Friday to Long Island, spent Saturday at the Kenny Chesney concert, and drove back to Chicago all day Sunday. We drove because it was cheaper than flying, but somewhere around Ohio, I had that a-ha moment you have when you realize you're in the middle of something that was just a really dumb idea, but it's too late to go back. So we continued down I-80. 

We hit very little traffic on Sunday, and were home by 6 p.m. Still, spending 28 out of 72 hours in a car put me over the edge, and I was beyond crabby. Like, way beyond. So I got home, quickly unpacked, showered, got into my PJ's and put on the Teen Choice Awards. 

Not only am I not sorry for watching them, I'm so glad I did. Ashton Kutcher was honored with some lifetime achievement award (what he called the old-guy award) and gave this really awesome speech that immediately took me out of my funk. Now, I would not call myself a fan of Ashton's (I'm pretty indifferent to him) but this really bumped him up a notch in my book. 

I don't know if he's been inspired by playing Steve Jobs, or if he's much smarter than he looks under his goofball persona, but his speech really struck a cord for me and made me feel motivated to not only do better, but be better. Really, it was just what I needed. 

If you missed it, you can click here to watch. It may or may not have as much as an impact on you as it did on me, but if it doesn't, I hope you find something to inspire and motivate you this week. After all, it is Monday, and we can all use a little motivation to be the best we can be. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment