Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy 2015 everyone! I hope you all had super lovely holidays, New Year celebrations and time with loved ones. I did, and I spent a lot of time just enjoying and being offline. And I spent a lot of time organizing our apartment, checking off so much that sat on my to-do list for too long with the chaos of the holidays and end of year.

2015 feels like a fresh new notebook - every nerd out there knows what I'm talking about. It has so much promise, so much potential. I'm ready to fill it with amazing, new things. 

Last year I didn't make any resolutions, but just aimed to be healthier. This year, my aim is to be happier. I felt stressed the second half of the year (though I guess a big move two weeks before your wedding can do that), and I'm looking forward to spending 2015 in a more positive mindset. 

In the next week I'll be doing some research and setting more actionable goals - probably an item per month - but I'm starting in January by saying YES. Saying yes to new challenges and experiences without complaint or reservation. Saying yes to things that scare me. Saying yes to things that I usually want to skip and being more open minded. I'm hoping this starts a landslide of positivity. I want all of the good energy the universe has to offer.

A friend of mine said on Facebook her resolution is "to build a life I don't need a vacation from" and I asked if I could steal it for my resolution, too. It is a perfect reminder to be grateful, be positive, and be happy, just as things are. This is a resolution I'll definitely say yes to.

Tell me, what kind of resolutions did you make this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment