Friday, January 30, 2015

Get Better Chopped Salad

I feel like when people think of dieting, they think of salad. Sad, all lettucey, some carrot no dressing salad. No one likes that salad. My chopped salad is happy, singing with wonderful flavors that make you smile.




I've just named this salad the Get Better chopped salad today, because I am using it to pack in a ton of nutrients and get myself better from this terrible sinus situation that's been going on for four days. (It's not really a cold - no coughing, sniffling, sneezing - just feeling like someone dumped eight tons of cement into my sinus cavity. Actually, at this point sneezing would be super welcomed.)

Anyway, I also call it that because it is WAY better than any sad house salad you get. This salad will blow your taste buds away, and hopefully blows my cold away, too.

Here's the "recipe"for 1 serving:

  • 1-2 cups greens (your choice)
  • 1/2 cup of broccoli sprouts 
  • Half an apple, diced (I used honeycrisp, pick your favorite)
  • 1/4 to half an avocado diced
  • Diced cucumber - as much as you want
  • 2 smaller carrots or 1 large carrot, diced
  • 4 large strawberries, chopped
Add dressing of your choice and mix it all up. I used a sesame ginger dressing today for a little Asian flare, but I've also used this tried and true balsamic vinaigrette recipe.

You can also add: chopped walnuts, dry roasted sunflower seeds, chick peas, edamame, or tomatoes, which I hate in salad but people like that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment