Thursday, November 14, 2013

We're Having Fish Tonight!

I'm a parents worst nightmare - the pickiest of the picky eaters. Most of my life I sustained on bagels and french fries, with an occasional dose of string beans mixed in (my veggie of choice). I didn't eat any cheese (besides cream cheese or mozzarella)  until I was 18. I lived on what I call the white diet - white bread, white potatoes, white rice, white cheese - and bacon. 

It wasn't until I moved in with Sean and I had my own kitchen that I really started to expand my palette. In the past 2.5 years, I've tried more new foods than I've tried in my first 25 years. And guess what - I actually LIKED some of it! Okay, I liked a lot of it. 

One of the biggest shockers to most of my family and friends is my new found enjoyment of seafood. Nothing crazy (like sushi or oysters) but when I told people I was having cod for dinner last night, a few of them almost fell over. 

I have to give a lot of credit to Sean - he put a lot of effort into strategizing and introducing me to seafood in a way he knew I would like (like starting with fried fish and chips). But the recipe he made last night was definitely the one that topped them all so far. The recipe calls for tilapia, but we used cod and it was incredible, so I'm sharing it with y'all: 



Also because I am still a child and treating me like one helps me try new foods, he deals with me continuously quoting Bruce from Finding Nemo ("I'm having fish tonight!") on seafood dinner nights. I'll tell you, he's really a CATCH! (hahaha get it?! Sorry, I couldn't help myself). 

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. Remember - fish are friends, not AND food! 




No comments:

Post a Comment