Friday, November 8, 2013

Austria, Here We Come!

Earlier this week I blogged about the excitement of wedding planning and how much I've been in enjoying it, but I think what we're planning this weekend might take the cake. Since it's going to be a free weekend (literally there is NOTHING on the calendar), we're going to start planning our honeymoon! 

We've decided to go to Austria, and I couldn't be more excited. Fall in the Alps, beautiful old cities, tons of history for us to explore... it's just ideal. We'll also be looking into some mini-trips, possibly to Prague or Budapest or Munich or Bratislava, or maybe a combo.

It took us a really long time to decide on a honeymoon destination, mainly because there are so many places we want to travel and Sean's never been to Europe. We wanted something a little off the beaten path, that we could combine sightseeing and lazy mornings in cafes sipping coffee (and devouring pastries). 

After lots of research (we're now the proud owners of multiple Fromers guides, if you're ever looking for one) and discussion, we think we've picked the perfect trip for us. Now, with 330 days to go, we face the biggest challenge of all - waiting patiently until the trip!

P.S. If you've ever been to any of these places, comment here or on Facebook and share some of your favorite things about them! 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds amazing! My hubbie and I went to Europe for our honeymoon and loved it. It was his first trip out of the country and now he hooked! I haven't been to Austria but I'm sure it will be amazing. We went through Italy & Spain. We've since gone to Paris & Prague. I've been through a lot of Eastern Europe if you need any help!

    ReplyDelete