Sunday, February 10, 2013

Oh Christmas/Valentines/Spring Training Tree...

Last winter, we hibernated. I'd like you to think I'm joking, but I'm not. I went to work and came home, we ordered a lot of take out, never worked out, and watched tons of TV. It was beyond lazy winter weekends. It was just sloth. And depressing.

This winter, I'm making changes - and even though it's still yucky outside, my mood is much brighter. I've been regularly working out on Saturdays and Sundays. Sean and I will get up, go take a walk, run some errands - anything to get out of the house, even if it's cold. I've been cooking healthy meals - mostly in the slow cooker, which still makes it feel like comfort food. 

But there is one thing I am still so lazy about, mainly because it brings me cheer all year - the Christmas Tree. Yes, our tree is small (4 feet) and fake (thanks Walgreens!) but I love it so much. I love the warm glow of tiny white twinkle lights. I love all our new engagement ornaments we got over the holidays, and I love the NY Yankee tree topper that pretty much gets me into the spirit of my favorite American past time (winning World Championships).

I know it's almost Valentine's Day, and I know I've changed my winter habits for the better, but I can't let go of the tree. It brings a warm tingly feeling that gets me through the winter, that no amount of exercising or eating right can do. It warms my heart.... right through Opening Day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment