Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Play Me Some Mountain Music...

As an East Coaster, I've never really left sea level. Even here in Chicago, I think the highest point is about 500 feet above sea level. So this weekend I branched out (or up, rather) and headed to the Mile High City - Denver, CO!

Usually when I travel, it is either for holidays or a special occasion (weddings, etc.). And while it's always great to see our loved ones, it's SO hectic, trying to jam visits with everyone in to the few days we have. This trip, I went to visit my good friend Megan, who I hadn't seen in over a year, with no agenda. The weekend was our oyster! (Can you feel me relaxing already?)

We had an amazing time. It was so great to just hang out, see the beautiful sights, relax and rekindle such a great friendship. After a crazy holiday season, just hanging out was exactly what I needed. We had leisurely brunches, strolled around the neighborhood and drove up to Boulder to tour the Celestial Tea Factory. If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend this. It's fun, relaxing, interesting and, most importantly, tasty. 

I have to say, as much as I love sea level, the mountains were BEAUTIFUL. Here's a few shots from the weekend: 

The view from downtown Boulder

Tea pots at the tea factory!

Snow capped mountains


I want to thank Megan for an absolutely incredible weekend, that left me feeling so relaxed and renewed. I'm so lucky to have you as such a great friend :)

(I also want to thank the Denver Broncos for losing while I was there. As a Raiders fan, if we can't win, we'd like the rest of the west to go down too. Hey, misery loves company.)

No comments:

Post a Comment