Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Making the Most of Winter

Although I love the holidays, I really don't like winter. It just drags, it's such a stark, cold contrast the the warm, lovely holidays - especially the weeks between the Superbowl and March Madness. So I'm trying to make the most of this winter and keep myself occupied. 

This past weekend we went to Rockford, IL to see my aunts and godson, Franks. We lived like kids - and it was awesome. First we went sledding (still not my favorite). Then we went to a good old fashioned ice skating rink. Turns out, Sean is an AWESOME ice skater. He was whizzing around the ice, then skating backwards (super slowly) for laps as 5-year-old Frankie skated toward him. It's quite clear that he'll be doing all the sports things with our child. Thank god - Lord knows it wouldn't have been me. 

However, with our next winter activity, it became quite clear that I'll be handling the arts and crafts. 

Sean's gingie - sans culottes & spilling stuff all over.
We made ginger bread people (everybody loves a gingie!) and Sean's is well... let's just say Sean's ginger bread man looks like he spent a wild night out with Ryan Kerley. He's a little worse for the wear...

It was, however, a really great reminder about why I love Sean. He's so patient, and game for anything, and so good spirited - even if he's got a 5 year old laughing at his ginger bread man. 

I'm lucky to have someone so positive and caring as the main man in my life. Someone to happily build ginger bread people with - whether they turn out for better or for worse. 



Two ginger bread people in love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment