Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Winter Wonderland

Last winter Sean and I pretty much hunkered down for winter. We feared the wrath of our first Chicago winter and hid from it as much as possible. In a way that's great - we watched all 9 seasons of NCIS. We didn't ever feel cold. We also didn't ever see people or have any social interaction with anyone but each other. 

This year is different and I love it. It's January 22 and I've been much more active and involved. Winter doesn't scare me any longer! Except today, when it was -9 degrees leaving for the bus... that's frightening. After my trip to Denver last week I took it easy this weekend (gotta do laundry sometime) and my cousin Margaret and her friend are coming to visit as a stop on their cross-country trip next week. But then... it's the abyss that is February.

What to do about February? It does hold Chicago restaurant week, which is always a fun affair, but realistically entails two or three dinners out. There is Valentine's Day, which I enjoy making a really nice meal for Sean and I. And then there is nothing... 

So now I'm putting it out to you. What are some of your favorite February activities? What should I do this month to not get sucked into the black hole that is Chicago winters. Nothing's off the table, so give me your best suggestion. I'm trying anything in 2013! 

My friend Alisha and I freezing, but having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment