Sunday, August 3, 2014

Eggplant: It's What's For Dinner


Eggplant crositini, roasted eggpant recipies
The first time I ever had eggplant was about two years ago. Friends had Sean and I over for dinner and they grilled it (along with some other vegetables), and in the interest of being a polite guest, I took a slice. Then I tried not to act like a freak at the table when I realized how good it was and helped myself to a half an eggplants worth sized helping.

Needless to say, I've tried multiple eggplant recipes, including by beloved eggplant rollatini, but this one might take the cake. 

Grilled eggplant with goat cheese crumbles and balsamic reduction on crostini. 


It's super easy to make:

  1. Slice eggplant, coat with oil, garlic and pepper, roast at 350-375 for 30ish minutes.
  2. Slice bread (I used 7grain), coat with oil, put in oven until golden brown. (I just threw these on the bottom shelf while eggplant was roasting. Just keep an eye on them).
  3. Put 1 cup of balsamic and 1/4 cup of brown sugar in small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer, about 15 minutes or until it becomes syrupy and coats the back of a spoon. (Stir often, so it doesn't burn).
Then, you assemble. Bread on plate. Eggplant on bread. Goat cheese on eggplant. Balsamic on goat cheese (or all over, depending on your taste). Done. 

I served it with a side of green beans, but get wild! Salads, tomatoes - whatever it is you're feeling. Just remember to enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment