Saturday, August 30, 2014

More Meals, More Fun!

I got a lot of great feedback from my last post about my meal plan, which made me very happy! I know how much time my meal planning takes on a weekend, but it saves me time during the week, so if can save you time by sharing, that makes me even more happy. 


It has been a crazy week here. I was home for a week running around doing all sorts of wedding prep, then took the 6 a.m. flight in on Tuesday and went right to work and hit the ground running. Now that I've had a minute to breathe, I spent the morning making this meal plan and grocery shopping and I'm really excited about it (like I wish I could eat it all right now).

Go out and enjoy your Labor Day Weekend, and don't stress about what you're going to make this week. I've got you covered!

Sunday Dinner: Coconut Curry Shrimp & Green Beans

Monday Lunch: Chopped Salad with Avocado Basil Dressing - side: apple with almond butter
Monday Dinner: Roast Sweet Potato and leftover Green Beans

Tuesday Lunch: Peach, Arugula and Walnut Salad - side: carrots with hummus
Tuesday Dinner: Refried Bean Taquitos (I have leftover Lentil Chili, which I'll also be throwing in) with Vegan Sour Cream (this is my first attempt trying this, so I will report back this week on how it turns out). 

Wednesday Lunch: Leftover taquitos - side: salad and apple
Wednesday Dinner: Endive and White Bean Salad (I am too excited about this recipe)

Thursday Lunch: Leftover salad - side: carrots, cucumbers, hummus
Thursday Dinner: Rice Noodle Bowl 

Friday Lunch: Leftover noodle bowl - side: peach and blackberries
Friday Dinner: "Kitchen Sink" Dinner - this is usually where I eat whatever is left over. If there are not leftovers, I plan on making this pineapple guacamole and corn chips. 

For breakfast I'll make a few batches of overnight oats on Monday for the rest of the week. I just mix 2/3 cup of oats and 2/3 cup of coconut milk and put it in a covered jar in the fridge. In the morning I throw in whatever fruit I want and some homemade granola.  Other days I'll have a smoothie, and either an apple or banana with almond butter. 

Let me know what you think when you try some of these meals - I'd love to hear your feedback! 

No comments:

Post a Comment