Sunday, August 17, 2014

Those Who Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail.

I'm very diligent about meal planning - if I don't do it, it is my absolute downfall. I'm not the kind of person who can operate on the no-plan plan when it comes to eating - I'll inevitably get take out or crap at the store. So each week, I sit down and map out every meal (even breakfast!) and make my grocery list. 

Over the course of doing this, some friends and family asked if I would share it with them, so I've been sharing it via email. Then I thought - why not just put it up on the blog for everyone? 


This week I'm being particularly diligent, as my first wedding dress fitting is on Friday. I'll be doing no meat, no dairy and no gluten (though I will be eating grains like oats and rice, and eggs). Usually, I have a piece of whole grain toast at breakfast with almond butter, but I'm swapping it out for an apple this week. So, without further ado, here's the meal plan and grocery list for the week:

Sunday

  • Breakfast Smoothie - 1.5 cup greens, half banana, .5 cup frozen pineapple chunks, 1 cup berries (your choice), 1 tbsp chia seeds, about 1 cup of water
  • Snack - apple with 1 tbsp almond butter
  • Lunch - Salad - greens, hard boiled egg, cucumber, carrots, bell pepper, avocado, sunflower seeds (dressing is olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
  • Snack - carrots and hummus
  • Dinner - brown rice bowl with sautéed broccoli, zucchini and edamame. I use this sweet thai chili sauce recipe to stir fry it.
Monday
  • Breakfast Smoothie - 1.5 cup greens, half banana, .5 cup frozen pineapple chunks, 1 cup frozen mango chunks, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 cup water (warning, this one is pretty sweet, so if that's not your thing, you might want to cut back on the mango).
  • Snack - apple with almond butter
  • Lunch - Salad with greens, pear, strawberries, cucumber, walnuts (oil and vinegar dressing). Side is edamame beans.
  • Snack - peppers and hummus
  • Dinner - Lentil chili over cubed roasted sweet potato. (this chili recipe makes A TON of chili. I made it and froze 3 tupperwares worth, so feel free to cut the recipe in half or share leftovers with friends. I also made it on the stove top and it came out great).
Tuesday
  • Breakfast - Overnight Oats Very Berry Recipe and a hard boiled egg
  • Snack - Banana
  • Lunch - leftover lentil chili and sweet potatoes
  • Snacks - hummus and veggies
  • Dinner - lettuce wraps with roast corn, roast peppers, avocado, quinoa and homemade taco seasoning. Side of green beans
Wednesday
  • Breakfast - Banana overnight oats
  • Snack - Apple and whole almonds
  • Lunch - Salad with leftover roast corn, peppers, avocado, cucumber, carrots (make a little homemade BBQ sauce for dressing). 
  • Snack - Almonds
  • Dinner - Salad bar (usually try to use up any produce that looks like it's ready to go midweek).
Thursday
  • Breakfast - Sunrise Smoothie (I do not use the cucumber in this recipe) and hard boiled egg
  • Snack - Nectarine and carrot sticks with hummus (right before I leave the house)
  • Lunch (I'll be out and need to bring this with me) - Almonds, banana, apple
  • Appetizer to dinner: Guacamole & organic corn chips (because let's be honest, I'll be hungry after today's lunch)
  • Dinner - Grilled eggplant and Chopped salad - greens, apple, dates, cucumber, carrots, walnuts and this yummy vinaigrette dressing.
Friday 
  • Breakfast - Sunrise Smoothie
  • Snack - Veggies and hummus, blueberries
Then... it's dress fitting time!! After the dress fitting I will be going out with friends for dinner (and to see a play) where I will get whatever I want, because everyone needs a treat! Moderation is everything people. 

Saturday we are having the tasting for our wedding, so lunch will be all sorts of things, but I'll be balancing it out with a smoothie for breakfast and salad for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment