Monday, March 3, 2014

My New Bad Habit Leads to a Big Milestone

When I first started this blog, it was to hold myself accountable to my 2013 resolutions/lifestyle changes. It's grown and changed since then, but I'm bringing it back today to reflect. 

When I first started, I ate a ton of junk and never worked out. Now, I eat fruits and veggies every day, no processed food and have tried probably 20 new foods, including fish and sushi! I also work out a couple times a week which is a big change. 

However, I'm developing a bit of a bad habit (in my opinion) of deciding my work out wasn't good enough. It used to be amazing just because I did it. Now I sometimes notice myself thinking I should have pushed harder, worked an extra 10 minutes, etc. I try to remind myself every work out is good, because it's better than the nothing I was doing. But my old competitive self is starting to creep back in, which is great, but also I should be proud of how far I've come. 

Today when I stepped on the scale, I really realized how far that is. I reached a big milestone - losing 25 pounds!! Though my true goal was to build a healthier lifestyle, this feels like a really big deal. 

And I'm so happy to say I did it the healthy way over a year, learning about proper nutrition, building healthy habits, and still enjoying life, dinners, celebration and treats. No crash diets, no crazy hangry mood swings. I've never felt better!

Taking my health into my own hands was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I know it's something that will last throughout my whole life - a long, long, healthy one! 

(If you're interested in learning more, two of the best blogs I've read and followed are 100 Days of Real Food - www.100daysofrealfood.com - and the Food Babe - www.foodbabe.com.)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Katie! What a wonderful milestone to reach! I've been eliminating a lot of processed foods from my diet lately and when I do buy them, I'm looking at the ingredients for ones that only include ingredients I can pronounce. It's not easy, but it's totally worth it. I'm glad it's going so well for you! -Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Christy! I appreciate the encouragement and hope you're starting to find it to be an easier and better way of life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats girlie! I love seeing people try new foods!

    ReplyDelete