Sunday, March 2, 2014

FOMO

I've recently learned about the term FOMO - Fear Of Missing Out - from Sean's cousin, Shannon. Then I came down with a bad case of it.

Though we've been in Chicago for 2.5 years, and it has become increasingly easier to view Chicago as home, once in a while I get a bad, bad homesickness (or FOMO). 

It more often occurs in the winter, because I go home far less often than the warmer months. I was home for Thanksgiving, and two days the first weekend of January, and I won't be going home until the end of May. That's a REALLY long stretch. And I miss my people.

I know the time will fly by. Work is very busy and we have some fun activities planned, and before I know it I'll be saying how exhausted I am traveling back and forth every couple of weeks. 

But it's my favorite exhaustion in the world - getting on a Monday 6 a.m. flight and rushing to my office after an amazing weekend. Staying up way later than I should (ok, that's like midnight at this point in my life) to get in EVERY last minute of quality time. Rushing around all weekend to see everyone I can. It's the best, most loving, most fulfilling exhaustion ever. And I can't wait for it. 












No comments:

Post a Comment