Monday, March 24, 2014

Just Being

I feel like I haven't blogged much lately, and that's partially because I feel like I haven't had much to say. I'm in a state of just being - going to work, coming home, relaxing. The usual. Nothing exciting or crazy or awesome or not awesome happened. I just am.

This morning, I decided to enjoy the just being. I snuggled up next to Sean, and just listed in my mind all the things I am thankful for. I recognized all the wonderfulness that my life is. I acknowledged the beauty that is just being. 

Getting to a point where I could just do that has been a long road. By nature, I am a high-strung pessimist. I often find it hard to turn my brain off. But one of my goals from last year was to learn how to ease my mind. And as I optimized my health through food and exercise, I knew optimizing my brain was the next step. 

The website Mind, Body, Green has been an amazing resources for helping me do this. Not only have they helped my physical health (they have great recipes!), they have helped my mental health. 

When I listed things I was thankful for this morning, just being able to make the list was at the top. Before, I'd would get terrible sleep (both due to stomach pains from poor nutrition, and stress. I'd wake up worrying about work, the day, food, working out, who said what and who didn't. Though that still happens sometimes (change takes time!), the fact that I was able to take some time to just be grateful felt so good. So if you don't hear from me from time to time, know that I'm not busy. I'm just being. And it feels great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment