Monday, December 8, 2014

Channeling My Energy

As you know, the past year I've really been on a journey and become so passionate about food and using it to help and heal. However, I've really only used this knowledge in a few ways (mainly to fix my stomach and lecture others).

Today, I was able to take a further step in that action. I'm the newest member of the Monday morning volunteer crew for God's Love We Deliver.

God's Love We Deliver (GLWD) delivers nutritious meals to people who are homebound due to life altering illnesses (cancer, MS, alzheimer's, etc.). It started as one woman delivering meals on her bike. They now deliver more than 1.2 million meals a year.


I've supported GLWD for many years, but it's great to actually be in the kitchen, chopping and prepping food that will make people feel well, and, hopefully, get back on their feet.

This was such a positive way to start my week, and I'm so excited to continue doing good for people who need it most with a cause I'm so passionate about.

To learn more, check them out at www.glwd.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment