Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Post Thanksgiving Meal Plan

It's the Sunday after Thanksgiving. If you're anything like me, you have done some serious indulging this past week. (Okay to be honest, I've been pretty indulgent since after my wedding since there's been no tight white dress in my future).

Either way, it's time to get back on the band wagon.

We went to Whole Foods this morning and totally stocked the fridge (which when I say was bare... I'm talking real bare). Fruits, veggies and whole grains galore. These meals for the upcoming week are going to be fun, fresh, and way better than just salad. 

Here's the plan:

Breakfasts: Granola with greek yogurt and berries; whole wheat toast and almond butter; green smoothies.

Lunches: Lunch is leftovers from the dinner before with side salads, hummus and veggies, or fruit. Sean is very considerate of his co-workers and won't bring in things that are too smelly, so on Wednesday, I'll get all the leftover shrimp and he'll take a sandwich and big salad.

Dinners:

Snacks include nuts, fruits, hummus and veggies, pita chips and chocolate (organic 82% dark cocoa and a "snack" is one square, maybe two a day). 

I'm ready to get back into feeling great, especially during the holiday season where I can get so easily run down. I hope you enjoy some of these delicious recipes. I'll be posting them as I make them, so be sure to check back all week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment