Thursday, June 12, 2014

Odor is the Pits

On my quest to remove all toxins from my life, I found a lot of research about the dangers of aluminum in deodorant. I tried two store-bought aluminum free brands, but they were awful. So I decided to make my own. 


That's right - I make my own deodorant. 

It's very easy - 3 ingredients and 2 minutes is all you need. 



Here's how:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup coconut oil (raw organic)
1/4 cup baking soda
1/8 cup cornstarch (preferably organic)
Optional: You can put 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil in for a scented version.

Mix the three ingredients together. I prefer to do it over a low heat so they all melt together equally, but you can just mix it all up in a bowl.

Pour it into a mason jar, old deodorant container - whatever you have. (See mine below).

If you mixed it over low heat, just throw it in the fridge for 20 minutes or so to let it solidify again. 

And that's all there is. Just aluminum free odor protection all day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment