Monday, December 2, 2013

Home is Where the Heart Is

"Thomas Wolfe once said you can't go home again. Well, that's great for old Tom. But he wasn't a chick who made a pact with her friends when she was twelve to get together whenever any one of them needed each other." - Now & Then

I think that we can all agree that Now & Then is a cinematic classic for any girl who grew up in the late 90's, myself included. Anyway, I had this quote on my mind when I was thinking of my blog topic today, because I really don't agree with old Tom. 

We went home to Long Island this week for Thanksgiving. Every time I come home for the holidays it just feels like a big hug. A crazy busy, super fun, big, warm hug. I love it. We had the absolute best time the past 5 days, from our first LI Turkey Trot, to  wedding planning stuff, to going out dancing, to sitting around my Grandma's table on Thanksgiving just laughing and joking and eating.

I feel so happy and rejuvenated going into the rest of this crazy holiday season, and hope all of your holidays were equally as wonderful! Here's a few photos from our wonderful trip - I already can't wait to go back! 

Oyster Bay Turkey Trot
Dancing the Night Away

 













Last Look from the Plane :(
The view of the Sound on our Turkey Trot





No comments:

Post a Comment