Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Leaning In

It has been quite some time since I blogged from the bus, let alone the morning bus, but things are quite hectic and as they say, there's no time like the present.

After a wonderful trip to Charleston, SC, for Christmas, and celebrating New Year in Chicago, we were off to New York for time with family and friends and to take care of some wedding stuff. Then things at work have gotten super busy, so I've hit the ground running. 

Though I didn't have any resolutions, I did want to take time to read more this year. I've always been an avid reader, but in 2013 I didn't read as much as I would have liked. The first book on my list was Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg. It's about women in the workplace, and the challenges they face. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, but it is informative, enjoyable and inspiring. 

After vacation and reading this book, I came back ready to take on challenges, be open to opportunity and, maybe most importantly, believing that I can accomplish and deserve these things. 

I highly recommend the book, but if you don't have a chance to read it, I hope you remember to believe in yourself and stay positive and see opportunities, even though they may not look like them.  You never know what life is going to hand you - but be open to it. You might be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment