Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Blogging on the Bus

Life has reached a new level of busy - I'm blogging from the bus. It's actually kind of nice to do it here, so I can ignore the freaks and geeks around me. And let me tell you, the 76 eastbound had PLENTY of both. They say it takes all kinds, but I often look around the bus and wonder... I really don't think we need all of these kinds. At the very least, I don't think I need to commuting with all of them daily.

With the exception of one job, I've always been a public transportation commuter. It provides for endless comedy, aggravation and confusion. My step dad, who grew up on a farm in Minnesota and has always driven to work, thinks my commute stories are amazing. He's always encouraging me to write a book about it. But the more I develop the idea, the more I'm thinking it should be a collection of short stories. Commutes around the country, maybe. The more I commute, the more I think I could make this book. 

What do you think? Would you read a book about crazy, hilarious commuting stories? Would you contribute to one? I want to hear from you on this one! 


1 comment:

  1. My family has been telling me the same thing for years & the LIRR is definitely prime for wacky commuter stories. Christine's uncle-in-law asked me to move back to Long Island from Astoria just so I can start complaining about the LIRR on Facebook again because it amuses him.

    Those who aren't living through it are always entertained by the stories. Those who are living through it seem to find relief in knowing they aren't the only sane one on the train!

    ReplyDelete