Monday, April 13, 2015

Chickpea Curry Wraps

My husband has been an amazing inspiration in encouraging me to get healthy and try new foods. He's always saying how much he loves that we can share food experiences now and try new thing together. I also think he doesn't mind that his lunches have significantly improved.



This is one of his favorites. When I made it, he went nuts for it, and now I probably make it every other week. It takes 5 minutes, its probably the easiest thing I make all week, but it's packed with flavor and nutrients.



Ingredients:
  • 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 1 tbsp onion diced
  • 2 tbsp golden raisins
  • 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp curry powder
Instructions:
  • Put chickpeas in a large bowl, and mash about half with the back of a fork.
  • Add in carrots, raisins, onions and mix. 
  • Pour in garlic powder, curry powder and mayonnaise, and mix until it is all incorporated.
It can be eaten on crackers, out of the bowl, or on a wrap with spinach and avocado (or whatever else you'd like). 


No comments:

Post a Comment