Sunday, April 13, 2014

Centerpieces: The Epicenter of my Universe

One of the benefits of having a long engagement is the lack of stress. If I don't want to do something today, most times, I don't have to. If I want to spend six hours scrolling through wedding invites online, I can. It's been nice being able to do things when and how I want without rushing.

The one thing that I find funny, however, is that many of the things I thought I would care about in wedding planning, I don't. And the one thing I said I couldn't care less about has now become priority #1. Centerpieces.

When we got engaged I said (multiple times), "just throw some flowers on the table and call it a day. I don't care." Then, Pinterest happened. And now, our centerpieces and table settings have become (in my mind) one of THE most important pieces of the wedding. 

Despite the fact that I know almost no one remembers them, and no one has ever left a wedding saying 'those were some great centerpieces' (myself included), I can't stop myself. I have a vision. And the vision must be met. And that was fine, until the candles I wanted were out of stock. 

I've spent countless hours this weekend hunting down candles, so now I'm turning to you, friends. Does anyone know where I might find candles that look like this: 


I will be forever indebted to whoever can help me out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment